Leadership Plano has selected Lisa A. Raskin to receive the 2016 Distinguished Leadership Award. The award will be formally presented at a public reception to be held at 5:30 p.m. on Tuesday, May 3, at the Courtyard Theater in Plano.
The Distinguished Leadership Award (DLA) is presented annually to a Leadership Plano alumnus who has made significant and notable contributions to the betterment of the community. Green Bank is the event’s Platinum Sponsor.
- A graduate of Leadership Plano Class 23, Lisa has donated her time, resources, and expertise to serving the community. A licensed CPA, Lisa currently serves as the Auction Chair for the Jesuit College Preparatory School. She is an active member of the National Charity League, a mother-daughter service organization; the Young Men’s Service League, a mother-son service organization; the Ursuline Academy Moms Club; and the Jesuit Women’s Auxiliary.
- Lisa has also served as the inaugural president of the Women’s Auxiliary to Children’s Medical Center Plano Legacy Chapter; president of the Plano Independent School District Education Foundation; and president of the Junior League of Collin County. She previously served as head of the fundraising committee for Plano Youth Leadership; a member of the Serenity High Advisory Board; and president of the Kappa Kappa Gamma Richardson/Plano Alumni Night group.
- Lisa and her husband Mark are the parents of Lauren and Jared. She earned a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and Finance from the University of Tulsa and an MBA in Corporate Finance from the University of Dallas.
In addition to the Distinguished Leadership Award presentation, the May 3rd program will include information relevant to anyone interested in learning more about the Leadership Plano program. Reservations are required and can be made at www.leadershipplano.org.
Leadership Plano is a program of the Plano Chamber of Commerce, and is dedicated to educating, developing, and empowering current and future leaders for the community and motivating them to serve civic, charitable, and business organizations. Each year, up to 36 candidates representing a diverse cross-section of the public, private and non-profit sectors are selected for the nine-month leadership development and community awareness program. The program begins with a mandatory two-day retreat in September. Tuition is $950 for Plano Chamber of Commerce members and $1,050 for non-members. A limited number of partial scholarships are available for individuals needing financial assistance.
For details, contact Carole Greisdorf, Program Director, at 214-697-2743, or visit www.leadershipplano.org. The deadline for application submissions for Class 34, which begins in September 2016, is June 15, 2016, at 5 p.m.
- City of Celina Prepares for Annual Beware! of the Square Event - October 26, 2023
- Three Finalists Named for City of Celina City Manager Position - October 25, 2023
- Driftwood Capital Acquires 299-Room Hilton-Branded Hotel in Plano - July 2, 2023