On Thursday, May 25, 2023 from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm, the Texas Department of Transportation will host a public meeting regarding the widening of FM 1378 from west of FM 3286 to West Lucas Road.
Purpose: TxDOT is proposing to widen FM 1378 from west of FM 3286 to West Lucas Road in Collin County, Texas.
Description: The proposed project consists of:
- Widening the existing two-lane undivided roadway to a four-lane divided roadway for a distance of approximately 0.8 mile
- Two travel lanes in each direction divided by a grassy median to separate the eastbound and westbound lanes
- Intersection improvements with turn lanes are proposed at cross streets within the project limits
The proposed right of way width would vary from 125 feet to 180 feet.
The proposed project would, subject to final design considerations, require approximately 7.6 acres of additional right of way and potentially displace four residences and one non-residential structure.
Virtual Meeting: The virtual meeting can be found by following this link.
In-person Meeting: The in-person meeting will be held at Willow Springs Middle School located at 1101 West Lucas Road in Lucas in the cafeteria.
The public is encouraged to attend as decisions made will affect Lucas residents.
Public comments can be submitted by emailing email@example.com, or by mail at:
TxDOT Dallas District Office, c/o Liang Ding, P.E., FM 1378 Project, 4777 E. U.S. Highway 80, Mesquite, Texas 75150.
- Driftwood Capital Acquires 299-Room Hilton-Branded Hotel in Plano - July 2, 2023
- For 7th Consecutive Year, McKinney ISD Earns Highest Recognition for Accounting and Financial Reporting from the Government Finance Officers Association of the United States and Canada - July 2, 2023
- Collin College to offer a new Bachelor’s degree in Clinical Operations Management in Fall 2023 - July 2, 2023