The City of Mckinney Communications and Marketing Department was honored with two international Hermes Creative Awards for the 2015 Strategic Communications and Marketing Plan and the city’s use of social media.
Hermes Creative Awards are administered by the Association of Marketing and Communication Professionals, which consists of marketing, communication, advertising, public relations, digital media production and free-lance professionals. Judges are industry professionals who look for a high standard of excellence and work which serves as a benchmark for the industry. There were approximately 6,000 entries from throughout the United States and around the globe in the Hermes Creative Awards 2016 competition.
- The city received the Platinum Award, the top award, for the 2015 Strategic Communications and Marketing Plan. This plan reflects City Council and City Manager direction for marketing McKinney as a community to audiences both within and beyond its borders. It serves as the strategic backbone for the communications work developed across all city departments and as an outline for all partner organizations.
- The city also earned the Gold Award for the Learn. Share. Connect. social media initiative. Through the ongoing program, the city provides residents, visitors and businesses with information the way they want to receive it. From email notifications and e-newsletters to Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and the recently launched Next Door platform, the city has combined all its social media and electronic communications under one umbrella, making it easy to find ways to get the information available.
- City of Plano to distribute water through contactless site - February 19, 2021
- North Texas Food Bank To Host Emergency Mobile Pantry Distributions on Feb 20 (Saturday), To Support Community After Winter Storms - February 19, 2021
- City of Princeton issues Boil Water Notice - February 16, 2021