Five Collin College student athletes were recognized for their commitment to performance in the classroom this year, earning academic honors to go along with success on the court.
Women’s basketball player Billie Marlow of Copenhagen, Denmark, and women’s tennis players Natalie Landa of Carrolton, and Mary Clark and Julianna Hess, both of Frisco, have been selected for the 2015-16 North Texas Junior College Athletic Conference All-Academic Team.
- Marlow also received a National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) Pinnacle Academic Achievement Award for maintaining a 4.00 GPA for the 2015-16 academic year
- Landa and Sybrand Cnossen, a men’s tennis player from Fairview, were awarded the NJCAA Superior Academic Achievement Award for maintaining a 3.8-3.99 for the 2015-16 academic year.
To be selected for the Academic All-Conference team, a student-athlete must have completed three semesters of college work with a minimum of 36 hours of courses that lead to a degree (developmental courses not included). They must have a cumulative grade point average of 3.25 or better on a 4.0 scale. They must have participated in at least one season on the varsity level at the college from which he/she is nominated.
The North Texas Junior College Athletic Conference (NTJCAC) is a junior college athletic conference for many technical and community colleges in the state of Texas, sponsored by the National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA). Conference championships are held in most sports and individuals can be named to All-Conference and All-Academic teams. It is part of NJCAA Region 5.
- City of Plano to distribute water through contactless site - February 19, 2021
- North Texas Food Bank To Host Emergency Mobile Pantry Distributions on Feb 20 (Saturday), To Support Community After Winter Storms - February 19, 2021
- City of Princeton issues Boil Water Notice - February 16, 2021