McKinney Fire Department (MFD) is accepting applications for the third annual Youth Career Exploration Camps for children ages 12-17 years to be held from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. July 18-22 and August 8-12 at the Wysong Central Fire Station #1, 301 N McDonald Street.
Campers will explore fire and emergency response service careers through classroom and in-the field instructions.
Campers will be introduced to fire inspections and arson investigation, emergency management, CPR and basic first aid. Other activities will include physical agility drills, riding in a fire-engine and visiting community fire stations.
By hosting these camps, the McKinney Fire Department hopes to inspire children of all ages and backgrounds to pursue a gratifying and exhilarating career in the public safety field.
- The camp registration fee is $25 for McKinney residents and $40 for non-residents.
- Applications are due July 11, 2016, for the 1st camp and July 29, 2016 for the 2nd camp.
- The camp is limited to 12 participants and space is filled on a first come, first serve basis.
- The fee covers a T-shirt, breakfast, lunch, snacks and transportation costs.
For more information, including how to apply, contact the MFD Public Information and Education Coordinator at 972-547-2893. The Youth Career Exploration Camp is sponsored in part by the Alliance for Elite Youth Leadership.
All of the lessons and activities are taught by emergency services professionals, which gives participants the opportunity to network and connect with individuals working in their area of interest. Prior experience and knowledge of the fire and emergency response services is not required.
- City of Plano to distribute water through contactless site - February 19, 2021
- North Texas Food Bank To Host Emergency Mobile Pantry Distributions on Feb 20 (Saturday), To Support Community After Winter Storms - February 19, 2021
- City of Princeton issues Boil Water Notice - February 16, 2021