Wylie ISD has been awarded the Texas Association of School Business Officials (TASBO) Award of Merit for Purchasing and Operations. The award is provided to school districts and Education Service Centers statewide that are committed to following professional standards in the acquisition of goods and services. The award will be presented Tuesday, March 1, 2016 as part of the TASBO 70th Annual Conference in Dallas.
In determining Award of Merit designees, TASBO reviewed various procedures and practices including: organization, policies & procedures, contract operations, and staff training and certification, plus where applicable p-card systems and warehousing. Each application was reviewed by two independent reviewers.
TASBO’s Requirements for Consideration:
- The TASBO Award of Merit for Purchasing Operations evaluation is open to any Texas school district, open-enrollment charter school and Region Education Service Center.
- Applicants must supply complete and true documentation, certified by the Superintendent (Executive Director for RESC) or the Chief Financial Officer on the organization’s letterhead.
- Proposals must be submitted electronically to the TASBO site using the guidelines for electronic submission.
- Applicants may seek the AOM by reaching a minimum point total as described in the evaluation criteria.
- Applicants may achieve a recognized status beyond the AOM by meeting the minimum point criteria for this level of recognition. The criteria for this part of the award are different from the standard award.
- City of Plano to distribute water through contactless site - February 19, 2021
- North Texas Food Bank To Host Emergency Mobile Pantry Distributions on Feb 20 (Saturday), To Support Community After Winter Storms - February 19, 2021
- City of Princeton issues Boil Water Notice - February 16, 2021