UNT announced they will be starting a small campus in Frisco Texas of Collin County. The new school is opening the door to the thousands of working professionals and college-age students who are and will be working in the North Texas region.
Via ‘New College at Frisco’, UNT hopes to deliver its students job-focused learning in the classroom, hands-on experience outside the classroom as well as exposure and engagement with some of the nation’s top companies. Starting spring 2016, it will offer:
- Academic classes at the undergraduate and graduate level in areas such as criminal justice, journalism, communications and finance
- Professional development courses such as certification courses in executive social media strategy, social media strategy and assessing walkway safety. There also is an investments/general securities training course for the Series 7 exam
UNT saw opportunity because Collin County is home to Fortune 1000 company headquarters that include J.C. Penney, the Dr Pepper Snapple Group, Rent-A-Center, and the soon-to-be relocated headquarters for Toyota’s U.S. operations. The county also is home to many corporate big players that include Capital One Finance, HP Enterprise Services, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas, Ericsson, Frito-Lay, Dell Services, Fujitsu Network Communications and Fossil – to name a few.
The new campus will be located at 2811 Internet Blvd, Frisco, TX 75034.
- City of Plano to distribute water through contactless site - February 19, 2021
- North Texas Food Bank To Host Emergency Mobile Pantry Distributions on Feb 20 (Saturday), To Support Community After Winter Storms - February 19, 2021
- City of Princeton issues Boil Water Notice - February 16, 2021