Toyota and Discovery Education – provider of digital content and professional development for K-12 classrooms – are hosting TeenDrive365 Video Challenge, which invites teens to create short videos that encourage their peers to drive more safely. Teens can register and submit their entries today through February 23, 2017 at www.TeenDrive365inschool.com.
Toyota TeenDrive365 Video Challenge with Discovery Education has been held for five years now. Mike Goss is General Manager of Social Innovation at Toyota Motor North America. Lori McFarling is Senior Vice President at Discovery Education.
Each year, a panel of judges comprised of community leaders, educators, communications experts and Toyota representatives selects the winners. Last year’s Challenge drew more than 1,500 video submissions. You can watch the winning videos at this link. This year’s prizes include:
- Grand Prize – $15,000 scholarship and the chance to work with a Discovery film crew to reshoot the winning video as a TV-ready PSA;
- Second Place – $10,000 scholarship and a trip to attend a taping of a show that airs on Discovery Communications’ Velocity Network;
- Third Place – $7,500 scholarship;
- Fourth through Tenth Places – $2,500 scholarships each;
- Four Regional Prizes – $1,000 scholarships each; and
- One People’s Choice Prize, selected online through public vote – $5,000 scholarship and the chance to attend a Velocity Network show taping.
Since its inception, the TeenDrive365 Video Challenge has awarded hundreds of thousands of dollars in student scholarships and prizes. The Video Challenge is one component of Toyota and Discovery Education’s TeenDrive365: In School initiative, a comprehensive program offering a range of tools designed specifically for school educators and teens. Resources offered include tools to help teens prepare for the responsibility of driving, such as quizzes, parental discussion points and a financial calculator; classroom resources for educators, including standards-aligned lesson plans for grades 9-12; and Heads UP!, an interactive driving simulation which allows teens to virtually experience the real dangers of distracted driving.
For more information about the TeenDrive365 Video Challenge, visit http://www.teendrive365inschool.com/teens/video-challenge.
- City of Celina Prepares for Annual Beware! of the Square Event - October 26, 2023
- Three Finalists Named for City of Celina City Manager Position - October 25, 2023
- Driftwood Capital Acquires 299-Room Hilton-Branded Hotel in Plano - July 2, 2023