Plano City leaders addressed that the growing city and county needs a better public transportation.
As per discussions:
- They say completing the Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART) Cotton Belt Corridor would ease up a good deal of traffic and congestion issues.
- Two new DART stations will be built at Shiloh and 14th Streets to take the line all the way to DFW airport. There will be 11 stations in between.
- Plano would pay approximately $12 million towards the project using tax increment financing (TIF).
Eventually, portion of this investment amount will be recovered through the property tax increase from properties that lie within a certain radius.
Jack Carr is Deputy City Manager.
- City of Plano to distribute water through contactless site - February 19, 2021
- North Texas Food Bank To Host Emergency Mobile Pantry Distributions on Feb 20 (Saturday), To Support Community After Winter Storms - February 19, 2021
- City of Princeton issues Boil Water Notice - February 16, 2021