The North Texas Tollway Authority is now accepting applications for the Jere W. Thompson Jr. Scholarship.
The scholarship is awarded annually to civil engineering college students in Texas and administered by The Dallas Foundation. It is a needs-based program that provides recipients up to $2,000 per semester with a maximum award of $8,000 combined for four semesters.
- Recipients must be enrolled as full-time students pursuing a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering at a Texas college or university.
- Recipients must maintain a 3.0 GPA and demonstrate financial need. Each year’s recipients are also offered a summer internship with NTTA or one of its corporate partners.
Named in honor of the first chairman of NTTA’s Board of Directors, the Jere W. Thompson Jr. Scholarship was established in 2001 to ensure that high-caliber candidates continue to graduate from engineering programs at Texas colleges and universities. Over the years, more than $120,000 in scholarships have been awarded by the Authority and its corporate partners.
Last year’s recipient was Tran Duong – a civil engineering student with plans to graduate from the University of Texas at Arlington in August. She is a member of the American Society of Civil Engineers, the Society of Women Engineers and the Golden Key Honor Society.
The deadline to apply for the scholarship is May 1, 2017. To apply or to make a donation to help build the next generation of civil engineers, visit The Dallas Foundation.
- City of Plano to distribute water through contactless site - February 19, 2021
- North Texas Food Bank To Host Emergency Mobile Pantry Distributions on Feb 20 (Saturday), To Support Community After Winter Storms - February 19, 2021
- City of Princeton issues Boil Water Notice - February 16, 2021