McKinney’s newest aquatics and fitness center – The Apex Centre – will open its doors for general public access March 1. Charter members will receive early access to the facility on Feb. 28. Charter memberships are available for purchase until Jan. 31 at the Apex Centre service desk.
Address: 3003 Alma Rd., Gabe Nesbitt Community Park, McKinney, TX 75070
According to the press release:
- The City of McKinney and McKinney Community Development Corporation (MCDC) teamed up to build the $36 million aquatics and fitness center in Gabe Nesbitt Community Park, 3003 Alma Rd.
- The 80,000-square-foot facility includes a 25-yard-by-25-meter pool for competitive and lap swimming, a leisure pool and an outdoor leisure and recreation pool.
- Additionally, the Apex Centre includes a fitness facility equipped with LifeFitness machines, weight training equipment by Hammer Strength, basketball courts, an elevated track, babysitting facilities and multipurpose rooms.
- The facility will operate on a 100 percent cost recovery basis and offers annual, monthly and daily memberships for youth, seniors, adults and families, as well as resident and non-resident rates.
Kurt Kuehn is the MCDC Board Chair.
More than 95 percent of funding for the Apex Centre was awarded in project grants by MCDC, generated from a half cent “quality of life” sales tax. The remaining $1.5 million came from the City of McKinney.
- City of Celina Prepares for Annual Beware! of the Square Event - October 26, 2023
- Three Finalists Named for City of Celina City Manager Position - October 25, 2023
- Driftwood Capital Acquires 299-Room Hilton-Branded Hotel in Plano - July 2, 2023