On Friday, February 17, 2017, the North Texas Food Bank (NTFB) launched the public phase of its capital campaign ‘Stop Hunger Build Hope’, and hosted a ceremonial groundbreaking at the site of its future distribution and volunteer center in Plano.
- Distribution center will be a 222,000-square-foot facility.
- This is NTFB’s 2nd distribution center – already has one in southern Dallas.
- Construction expected to be complete by summer of 2018.
- NTFB hopes to provide 92 million meals by 2025.
- $55 million campaign is one of the largest social service campaigns in North Texas.
- NTFB is a member of Feeding America.
Simon Powell is NTFB’s Interim CEO.
- City of Plano to distribute water through contactless site - February 19, 2021
- North Texas Food Bank To Host Emergency Mobile Pantry Distributions on Feb 20 (Saturday), To Support Community After Winter Storms - February 19, 2021
- City of Princeton issues Boil Water Notice - February 16, 2021