City of Mckinney has recently had a few changes in some of their top positions. Today, they announced the hiring of Ike Obi to fill the position of Human Resources Director. He begins Aug. 10.
Obi formerly held the same position in Irving, Texas and brings more than 27 years of experience to the city.
- During his 20-year tenure in Irving, Obi managed human resources and risk as well as streamlined the employment application process and designed an award-winning wellness program.
- He holds a doctorate degree in political science and bachelor’s degree from the University of North Texas and a Master of Arts in government from Texas Woman’s University in Denton, Texas.
- He is a member of the Society for Human Resources Management, the International Public Management Association for Human Resources and the Public Risk Insurance Managers Association.
- City of Plano to distribute water through contactless site - February 19, 2021
- North Texas Food Bank To Host Emergency Mobile Pantry Distributions on Feb 20 (Saturday), To Support Community After Winter Storms - February 19, 2021
- City of Princeton issues Boil Water Notice - February 16, 2021