Heart to Heart Hospice, one of the largest private providers of hospice care in the United States, has launched the Heart to Heart Hospice Foundation. It is funded primarily through donations from families and friends of Heart to Heart Hospice patients. The Foundation is a 501(c) (3) non-profit public charity that seeks to provide financial support for patients nearing end of life and their families through programs.
Their programs include both financial support for critical unmet needs as well as education for the under-utilized and often misinterpreted field of hospice and palliative care.
- Patient and Family Need: Support grants that improve quality of life for patients and their families suffering from financial hardship.
- Education and Scholarship: Endow hospice, palliative care and gerontology scholarships; Provide end of life education and training for caregivers and the community at large.
- Veterans Care: Honor our nation’s veterans by providing financial support for those facing life-limiting illnesses as well as counseling, legal services, transportation, legacy programs, education grants for veteran organizations and other services.
- Alzheimer’s Support: Provide grants and financial support for those with late-stage Alzheimer’s disease and dementia; educational grants and continuing education for health care professionals; and caregiver support programs.
In 2015, the Foundation provided 80 grants to patients or their families totaling more than $72,000. This year, the Foundation hopes to provide nearly $250,000 in scholarships; Alzheimer’s, veteran and cancer support; ongoing patient and family need grants; and end of life education to the community.
Headquartered in Plano, TX, Heart to Heart Hospice was founded in 2003 and is one of the largest private providers of hospice care in the United States.
- City of Plano to distribute water through contactless site - February 19, 2021
- North Texas Food Bank To Host Emergency Mobile Pantry Distributions on Feb 20 (Saturday), To Support Community After Winter Storms - February 19, 2021
- City of Princeton issues Boil Water Notice - February 16, 2021