American Bank of Texas is merging with First United in late 2016.
- According to Dorothy and Lacy Harber, owners of American Bank of Texas, this was a big decision and the right thing to do for their employees and customers.
- According to Greg Massey, CEO of First United, American Bank of Texas is a strong, successful bank.
With this merger, First United will be one of the largest community banking organizations in the Southwest with more than 85 locations and $5.5 billion in assets in Texas and Oklahoma.
According to release, customers from both banks should not see any changes to their pending loans or level of service they receive during and after the transition as many of the organizations’ technological platforms and service partners are the same.
American Bank of Texas was originally chartered in 1971. From the Red River to the River Walk, American Bank of Texas has 32 branches throughout Texas. Locations across Texas are in Austin, Bonham, Bulverde, Dallas, Denison, Fredericksburg, Frisco, Gainesville, Garden Ridge, Horseshoe Bay, Kingsland, Lakeway, Leonard, Marble Falls, McKinney, Pottsboro, Prosper, Schertz, Seguin, Sherman, Temple, and Whitesboro.
First United was established in 1900. It has more than 50 locations throughout North Texas and Oklahoma.
- City of Plano to distribute water through contactless site - February 19, 2021
- North Texas Food Bank To Host Emergency Mobile Pantry Distributions on Feb 20 (Saturday), To Support Community After Winter Storms - February 19, 2021
- City of Princeton issues Boil Water Notice - February 16, 2021