More than $75,000 in grant funding has been awarded to Allen ISD teachers for classroom projects and student enrichment by the Foundation For Allen Schools. A total of 86 grants were selected by the review panel from among 168 applications with total grant funding for next year is $76,562. Funding for grants, scholarships, and teacher recognition/support by the Foundation was made possible from the Allen Eagle Run, Allen ISD Employee Campaign, and donations from families, alumni, corporations, local businesses and Allen community groups.
Earlier this year:
- The Foundation For Allen Schools awarded over $87,000 to 95 AHS graduates. The Foundation hosted a reception on April 29, 2016 to honor this year’s recipients and bring scholarship donors together with the students who are benefiting from their generosity.
- CoServ presented a check for $10,000 to the Foundation For Allen Schools and designated that the funds be used for both a student scholarship and grant funding. The $1,000 scholarship will be awarded to a graduating Allen High School senior this year and $9,000 will be used to fund educational grant projects for the 2016-17 school year.
Latest posts by Editor (see all)
- City of Plano to distribute water through contactless site - February 19, 2021
- North Texas Food Bank To Host Emergency Mobile Pantry Distributions on Feb 20 (Saturday), To Support Community After Winter Storms - February 19, 2021
- City of Princeton issues Boil Water Notice - February 16, 2021