Plano based Toyota announced that it is changing the remedy for approximately 337,000 vehicles of below model years involved in a 2013 recall.
- Model Year 2006 – 2011 Toyota RAV4
- Model Year 2010 Lexus HS 250h vehicles
Dealers will replace both rear suspension arm assemblies with new ones at no cost to customers. In addition, an epoxy will be applied to prevent future arm adjustment during vehicle service.
In the earlier action, if the nuts for adjusting rear wheel alignment were improperly tightened when an alignment was performed, rust could form on suspension arm threads. If this occurs, and if the condition is not identified and remedied during servicing or repair under the existing remedy procedure, the threads can wear over time, causing the arm to separate, which could result in a loss of vehicle control.
All known owners of the involved vehicles will be notified by first class mail.
For the most up-to-date Safety Recall information on Lexus, Toyota and Scion customers should check their vehicle’s status by visiting http://www.toyota.com/recall and entering the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN).
Customer contacts for the most up-do-date recall information:
- Toyota Customer Service : 1-800-331-4331
- Lexus Customer Service : 1-800-255-3987
- City of Plano to distribute water through contactless site - February 19, 2021
- North Texas Food Bank To Host Emergency Mobile Pantry Distributions on Feb 20 (Saturday), To Support Community After Winter Storms - February 19, 2021
- City of Princeton issues Boil Water Notice - February 16, 2021