Richard D. Brooks will be sworn in as the new Chief of Police for the Parker Police Department on Wednesday, June 1, 2016.
Chief Brooks previously served 31 years at the Flower Mound Police Department where he rose through the ranks to that of Captain of the Uniformed Services Division. Chief Brooks will be officially retiring from the Flower Mound Police Department on Tuesday, May 31, 2016 with exemplary service not only to the Flower Mound Community but to his chosen Profession of Law Enforcement.
He attended Bellevue University, Bellevue, Nebraska making the Dean’s list in 2010 and graduating with a Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice Administration. He attended North Central Texas College in Gainesville, Texas completing his Associates in Police Science as well as graduating from the FBI National Academy Class 227. Chief Brooks is also a class #45 graduate of the Law Enforcement Management Institute of Texas (LEMIT) Advanced Law Enforcement Management training.
Memberships (Past and Present):
- Member, FBI National Academy Associates, 2006 – Professional Organization
- Past Member, North Texas Police Chief’s Association, North Texas, 2004 – 2008 – Represented the Department at monthly meetings of North Texas Police Chiefs.
- Grace Community Assembly of God Church Board of Deacons, Flower Mound, Texas – 2008 – 2011, 2012 – 2013.
- Member, Denton County Medical Examiner’s Committee, Denton, Texas, 2003 – Advise Denton County Commissioner’s Court on Medical Examiner related issues.
- City of Plano to distribute water through contactless site - February 19, 2021
- North Texas Food Bank To Host Emergency Mobile Pantry Distributions on Feb 20 (Saturday), To Support Community After Winter Storms - February 19, 2021
- City of Princeton issues Boil Water Notice - February 16, 2021