Plano ISD Health Sciences Academy – that is jointly operated by Collin College and Plano Independent School District (PISD) has been awarded a Texas Association of College Technical Educators (TACTE) Award of Excellence.
The award recognizes college programs that demonstrate:
- Innovative partnerships and collaborations with employers, community stakeholders or other educational institutions;
- Potential for positive economic impact in their region;
- Outstanding program outcomes (such as graduation, placement, licensure pass rates, etc.); and/or
- Best practices in workforce education and training that have improved student success.
The Plano ISD Health Sciences Academy provides students who are interested in health-related careers with a foundation of knowledge and skills in college-level courses. The program offers opportunity to earn certifications that are mandatory to enter the healthcare workforce after high school.
The academy works in collaboration with Plano ISD and the community to provide a learning environment that promotes professionalism while cultivating interest and enthusiasm in the healthcare field.
The academy will honor its first graduating class, Saturday, May 21.
TACTE promotes effective workforce education practices throughout the state.
- City of Plano to distribute water through contactless site - February 19, 2021
- North Texas Food Bank To Host Emergency Mobile Pantry Distributions on Feb 20 (Saturday), To Support Community After Winter Storms - February 19, 2021
- City of Princeton issues Boil Water Notice - February 16, 2021