City of McKinney announced hiring of Darrell Auterson as President of the McKinney Economic Development Corporation (MEDC) beginning July 1, 2016.
- Most recently, Auterson served as President and CEO of the York County Economic Alliance in York County, Pennsylvania since 2012.
- He previously worked in the same role at the York County Economic Development Corporation since 2002. During his time as President/ CEO of the York County Economic Alliance/York County Economic Development Corporation, Auterson facilitated major projects resulting in the retention and creation of more than 14,000 jobs and nearly $2 billion of public and private investment.
- He also led the merger of the economic development corporation with the Chamber of Commerce to create the York County Economic Alliance.
- Auterson has also previously held business and economic development positions in Indiana, Illinois, North Carolina and California.
- Auterson serves on the Board of Directors for the International Economic Development Council and is a member of several professional economic and business development organizations. He earned Bachelor of Science degree in urban regional studies from Indiana State University in Terre Haute, Indiana.
Mckinney EDC’s background: Mckinney Economic Development Corporation (MEDC) was created in 1993 to support the development, expansion and relocation of new and existing companies, with a mission to work to create an environment in which community-oriented businesses can thrive.
- City of Plano to distribute water through contactless site - February 19, 2021
- North Texas Food Bank To Host Emergency Mobile Pantry Distributions on Feb 20 (Saturday), To Support Community After Winter Storms - February 19, 2021
- City of Princeton issues Boil Water Notice - February 16, 2021