Some of Allen’s largest employers will be looking to connect with new talent at a job fair to be held on Dec. 8, hosted by the Allen Economic Development Corporation (AEDC). Participating companies should include KONE Elevators, Experian, PFSweb, Allen ISD, Andrews Distributing, MonkeySports, Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital and several others.
Allen boasts of a talented and educated workforce with over 52% of Allen residents have a Bachelor’s degree or higher, which is twice the national average. Employment opportunities are expected to improve in coming years, with a 16.3% job growth rate projected by 2019. This is almost thrice the projected national growth rate of 5.9%.
Executive Director of Allen Economic Development Center, Dan Bowman and his team noticed the need to host a community-wide job fair. This supports Allen’s major employers as well as future employees. According to the AEDC, for a strong local economy and rapid business growth, recruiting and retaining talented employees are both important.
- Day and Time: Tuesday, Dec. 8, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m
- Location: Hilton Garden Inn (705 Central Expressway South)
Attendees can bring multiple copies of their resumes. Workforce Solutions of North Central Texas’ mobile unit will be on-site to assist with resume updates and online job applications. To learn more, visit www.allentexasjobs.com or follow @allentxjobs on Twitter.
- Driftwood Capital Acquires 299-Room Hilton-Branded Hotel in Plano - July 2, 2023
- For 7th Consecutive Year, McKinney ISD Earns Highest Recognition for Accounting and Financial Reporting from the Government Finance Officers Association of the United States and Canada - July 2, 2023
- Collin College to offer a new Bachelor’s degree in Clinical Operations Management in Fall 2023 - July 2, 2023