Last month, Jae Gaskill was promoted from associate principal to lead McKinney North High School. She replaces Jimmy Spann, who plans to retire after 40 years in education including the past nine as North’s principal.
When the students of McKinney North High School return from summer break to begin the 2016-2017 school year, they will not only be meeting their new principal but they’ll arrive at a campus that will be much changed in the wake of a yearlong $17.5 million bond expansion and renovation project. Students will pass through through a revitalized, modern front entry to find more classrooms, new collaborative spaces and expanded CTE facilities along with technology upgrades and a completely fresh design aesthetic throughout the building.
- Jae Gaskill came to McKinney ISD to serve as associate principal of North nine years ago from Allen ISD where she was a house principal at Allen High School.
- Her career in education began 14 years earlier as a middle school science teacher and coach. Gaskill would serve in that role and then as a high school teacher and coach until 1999 when she was hired as a house principal at Allen ISD’s Becky Lowery Freshman Center. In 2004, she joined the Allen High School administrative team. She came to McKinney ISD three years later.
- Received her Bachelor’s degree from Stephen F. Austin State University in Nacogdoches, TX and her Master’s degree in Educational Administration from Texas A&M University-Commerce.
- City of Celina Prepares for Annual Beware! of the Square Event - October 26, 2023
- Three Finalists Named for City of Celina City Manager Position - October 25, 2023
- Driftwood Capital Acquires 299-Room Hilton-Branded Hotel in Plano - July 2, 2023