The Collin Small Business Development Center has been recognized for its work in helping businesses.
Collin SBDC Business Advisor Kelly DeWitt recently received two regional North Texas Small Business Development Center Network awards for having more than $5 million in small business credit and loans for fiscal years 2013-2015. DeWitt came to the SBDC in 2012 after working in banking and owning a business brokerage firm.
SBDC Business Advisor Alex Plotkin received a regional award for having more than $1 million in capital infusion, which was accomplished in Plotkin’s first full year with the Collin SBDC.
According to the Collin SBDC, it continues to exceed its SBA defined goals by helping clients:
* access more than $11.5 million in capital infusion.
* increase company sales by more than $8.6 million.
* create 252 new jobs in our area.
The Collin SBDC is located in Plano and is a partnership between The U.S. Small Business Administration, the state of Texas and Collin College. Through this partnership, one-on-one, business consulting is provided at no charge to businesses and residents of Collin and Rockwall Counties.
- City of Celina Prepares for Annual Beware! of the Square Event - October 26, 2023
- Three Finalists Named for City of Celina City Manager Position - October 25, 2023
- Driftwood Capital Acquires 299-Room Hilton-Branded Hotel in Plano - July 2, 2023