The Coast2CoastRx program has been implemented in 12 counties that are members of the Urban Counties and another 8 counties in Texas. The Urban Counties represents 80% of the population base in the State of Texas.
- Dallas County saved over $39,000,000 ($39 million).
- Collin County has saved residents over $7,000,000 ($7 million) on their prescriptions since its launch.
- Nueces County residents have saved nearly $4,000,000 ($4 million).
Donald Lee is the Executive Director of the Texas Conference for Urban Counties. According to him, the Conference has made it a priority to help counties offer quality programs like the Coast2CoastRx program to Texas residents and that this program has helped many Texas residents afford prescriptions they may not have been able to otherwise.
What is Coast2CoastRx?
The Coast2CoastRx card allows all Texas residents, regardless of income, age, or health status to participate in the program and save on the cost of their medications. The program has saved cardholders throughout the nation an average of 60 percent in 2016 on the cost of prescription drugs. The Rx card is distributed free of charge and may be used at many pharmacy chains and most independent pharmacies in Texas.
- City of Plano to distribute water through contactless site - February 19, 2021
- North Texas Food Bank To Host Emergency Mobile Pantry Distributions on Feb 20 (Saturday), To Support Community After Winter Storms - February 19, 2021
- City of Princeton issues Boil Water Notice - February 16, 2021