Baylor Scott & White Health and Tenet Healthcare Corporation (listed on stock exchange NYSE:THC) have completed the previously announced joint venture to own five hospitals in North Texas. The facilities are:
- Centennial Medical Center in Frisco
- Doctors Hospital at White Rock Lake in Dallas
- Lake Pointe Medical Center in Rowlett
- Texas Regional Medical Center at Sunnyvale
- Baylor Scott & White Medical Center in Garland
Centennial Medical Center, Doctors Hospital at White Rock Lake, Lake Pointe Medical Center and Texas Regional Medical Center at Sunnyvale will transition to Baylor Scott & White Health branding as early as the spring of 2016. Additionally, physicians, advanced practice providers and other employees of Tenet’s North Texas physician group will transition to Baylor Scott & White Health’s physician group, HealthTexas Provider Network (HTPN).
Tenet Healthcare Corporation is a healthcare services company with more than 130,000 employees. Through its subsidiaries, partnerships and joint ventures, including United Surgical Partners International (USPI), the company operates 84 general acute care hospitals, 20 short-stay surgical hospitals and over 470 outpatient centers in the United States, as well as nine facilities in the United Kingdom. Tenet’s Conifer Health Solutions subsidiary provides technology-enabled performance improvement and health management solutions to hospitals, health systems, integrated delivery networks (IDN), physician groups, self-insured organizations and health plans.
Baylor Scott & White Health, formed from the 2013 merger between Baylor Health Care System and Scott & White Healthcare, is today the largest not-for-profit health care system in the state of Texas. The organization now includes 49 hospitals, more than 800 access points, more than 5,800 active physicians, 35,000 employees and the Scott & White Health Plan and Baylor Scott & White Quality Alliance, a network of clinical providers and facilities focused on improving quality, managing the health of patient populations and reducing the overall cost of care.
- City of Plano to distribute water through contactless site - February 19, 2021
- North Texas Food Bank To Host Emergency Mobile Pantry Distributions on Feb 20 (Saturday), To Support Community After Winter Storms - February 19, 2021
- City of Princeton issues Boil Water Notice - February 16, 2021