It’s been five years since Allen’s favorite arena opened its doors.
Much has changed since Reba McEntire opened the arena with a stunning live performance on Nov. 6, 2009. The City of Allen took over operations and management of the building in June of 2010. Since opening with just a single sports tenant, the Allen Americans, two more professional sports franchises, the Texas Revolution and Dallas Sidekicks have come aboard. Organizations such as the National Collegiate Wrestling Association and Lone Star Conference (basketball) have brought collegiate championship sporting events to Allen Event Center as well, proving the versatility of the venue.
AEC listed some interesting numbers on their website.
- Since opening, approximately 1.2 million guests have come through their doors, whether it was for a rock show, sporting event or perhaps a tradeshow such as a Bridal Expo or a Home and Garden show.
- The arena is estimated to have had an average annual economic impact of $9.2 million, which over five years equals the rather large sum of $47 million. The more than 100 events that are held at Allen Event Center each year stimulate the local economy, creating revenue for Allen restaurants, retailers and hotels. With an assist from the Allen Convention and Visitors Bureau, we’re actively bidding on events that bring out-of-town and out-of-state visitors to the area, endeavoring to make the impact even more sizable.
- Driftwood Capital Acquires 299-Room Hilton-Branded Hotel in Plano - July 2, 2023
- For 7th Consecutive Year, McKinney ISD Earns Highest Recognition for Accounting and Financial Reporting from the Government Finance Officers Association of the United States and Canada - July 2, 2023
- Collin College to offer a new Bachelor’s degree in Clinical Operations Management in Fall 2023 - July 2, 2023