Aligned Data Centers completed construction of its 300,000 sq ft data center in Plano Texas. The facility brings pay-for-use concept to Texas market that Aligned is championing, where customers commit to power based on what they use.
At this time, the facility features 30 MW of capacity, with a maximum of 25kW per rack which can support high density computing. Power and cooling are 2N, the design used the Uptime Institute Tier III model (though it is not a Tier certified facility), and is carrier-neutral, with Zayo, UPN, Level 3, Time Warner, and Verizon currently accessible on-site.
Aligned considers the 300,000 sq ft as just a start on the 16 acre campus. It could build an additional 200,000 sq ft as needed. It believes that its pay-for-use power billing model can save customers up to 70% by not locking customers into a fixed ramp schedule.
According to 451 Research, Plano is a top 5 U.S. multi-tenant data center market. Aligned Data’s website mentions the following strong points about this North Texas area:
- Low taxes, low cost of living, and high quality of life are significant attractors, and business activity is flourishing. In addition, the state has incentivized data center colocation with a sales tax exemption on business personal property for data center users who meet the criteria.
- Texas is the only U.S. state with a self-contained power grid, boasts ample generation from a diversity of fuel sources, and according to the U.S. Energy Information Association, charges substantially less, per kWh than other Western states.
- Texas utilities generate power from a variety of stable sources and, according to the U.S. Energy Information Association, charge substantially less, per kWh than other Western states.
- Internet connectivity is robust with a heavy concentration of top-tier telecommunication providers. According to the Ookla Net Index Internet speed and mobile networks in Plano are among the country’s fastest.
The company was recently named to Fast Company’s “Top 10 Most Innovative Companies of 2015 in Energy.”
Address: 2800 Summit Avenue, Plano TX 75074
- City of Plano to distribute water through contactless site - February 19, 2021
- North Texas Food Bank To Host Emergency Mobile Pantry Distributions on Feb 20 (Saturday), To Support Community After Winter Storms - February 19, 2021
- City of Princeton issues Boil Water Notice - February 16, 2021